Fwd: Stalled post to pgsql-hackers

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Fwd: Stalled post to pgsql-hackers
Дата
Список pgsql-www
I sent the attached email to hackers and it got stalled. I get the point
but I wonder if we need that on -hackers?

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Stalled post to pgsql-hackers
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 01:24:11 +0000
From: pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org
To: Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com>

Your message to pgsql-hackers has been delayed, and requires the
approval of the moderators, for the following reason(s):

GLOBAL ADMIN HEADER:  /^subject:\s*remove\b/i matched "Subject: Remove"
If you do not wish the message to be posted, or have other concerns,
please send a message to the list owners at the following address:
pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org

Hello,

After all these years, we are still regularly running into people who
say, "performance was bad so we disabled autovacuum". I am not talking
about once in a while, it is often. I would like us to consider removing
the autovacuum option. Here are a few reasons:

1. It does not hurt anyone
2. It removes a foot gun
3. Autovacuum is *not* optional, we shouldn't let it be
4. People could still disable it at the table level for those tables
that do fall into the small window of, no maintenance is o.k.
5. People would still have the ability to decrease the max_workers to 1
(although I could argue about that too).

Sincerely,

JD

                         +1-503-667-4564

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: Moderator opinion wanted for recent 2nd Quadrant "Platinum Guarantee" Planet blog entry
От: Sequel Info
Сообщение: Account request