Re: Strange assertion using VACOPT_FREEZE in vacuum.c

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Strange assertion using VACOPT_FREEZE in vacuum.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> But autovacuum is still manufacturing a VacuumStmt by hand.  If we want
> to get rid of that, I think it'd work to have a new
> ExecVacuum(VacuumStmt, params) function which is called from
> standard_ProcessUtility and does just vacuum(rel, relid, params).
> Autovacuum on the other hand can call vacuum() without having to
> construct the parse node.

Why would we want to get rid of that?  A struct is a handy and legible
way to pass a pile of parameters.  I doubt it would be an improvement for
vacuum() to grow a long list of separate parameters.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: using CustomScan to inject nodes into the plan
От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: proposal: searching in array function - array_position