Re: Semi-unable to add new records to table--primary key needed?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Semi-unable to add new records to table--primary key needed?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Boylan, Ross" <Ross.Boylan@ucsf.edu> writes:
> I have a table that seems to act for some purposes as if I can't add new records to it.  I would like to understand
whythat is and fix it.
> The initial problem was that an MS-Access application using an ODBC driver (driver and database 64 bit PG 12.0)
failedat
>     DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec
> which is basically saying to create a new record in the table.  The error was something like unable to create record.
Unfortunately DoCmd is a black box; I can only speculate what it is doing.

Aren't black-box apps fun?  You might get some insight from looking into
the postmaster log to see what error the database thinks it's throwing.
Perhaps also turn on "log_statement = all" to record full details of
what SQL commands the app is sending.

Also, as I recall, the pgsql-odbc driver has some ability to do client-side
query tracing.  I'm not familiar with the details of that though.

От: Ron
Сообщение: Re: Semi-unable to add new records to table--primary key needed?
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Semi-unable to add new records to table--primary key needed?