Re: Why doesn't EXPLAIN ANALYZE show UPDATE step?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Why doesn't EXPLAIN ANALYZE show UPDATE step?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> I was just noticing that EXPLAIN ANALYZE in 7.3.2 *still* doesn't show a
> discrete UPDATE step for UPDATE queries.   Is this going to be changed in
> 7.4?

No.  There is no UPDATE step in the plan tree.

You can determine the time spent doing updates by subtracting the
topmost plan node's total time from the total runtime, as suggested
in the next-to-last paragraph of
http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.3/postgres/performance-tips.html
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Optomizing left outer joins
От: Andreas Pflug
Сообщение: Statement triggers 7.4 NEW/OLD