IDENT authentication problem

От Wei Weng
Тема IDENT authentication problem
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
This is what I did:

1: I reinstalled postgresql RPMs from scratch (I removed all the logs,
data files, backup files)

2: su root

3: su postgres

4: psql template1

And here I got the error message:

psql: FATAL 1:  IDENT authentication failed for user "foobar"

User "foobar" was an old user I created for the database *before* I
wiped out everything and reinstalled the RPMs. It is already gone from
my /etc/password. (since I was using IDENT)

What could have gone wrong? I must have left the trace of user foobar
somewhere in my system but I couldn't find it.

Thanks

--
Wei Weng
Network Software Engineer

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: LIMIT 1 FOR UPDATE or FOR UPDATE LIMIT 1?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: LIMIT 1 FOR UPDATE or FOR UPDATE LIMIT 1?