Re: Cascaded Column Drop

От Rod Taylor
Тема Re: Cascaded Column Drop
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
> > Is that a good idea, or should we refuse the drop entirely?  A table
> > drop zaps a lot more stuff than a column drop.
>
> I think we should refuse the drop.  It is just too strange.  You can
> suggest if they want the column dropped, just drop the table.

Leaving a zero-width table would be best, even if its not so useful.  I
don't like rejecting a CASCADE as it kinda defeats the purpose of having
CASCADE.

The patch may not work right in complex cases anyway.  It seems the
switch to remove the table should be earlier.

--
  Rod Taylor

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Cascaded Column Drop
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: one last patch - array lower and upper bound