Re: SQL function parse error ?

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: SQL function parse error ?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 11:29, Radu-Adrian Popescu wrote:
> What i'm saying is that i know that some of my colleagues, nice guys for
> that matter, and good programmers, will come screaming
> to me "what's with the b.s. error ?!?", and when i'll tell them that the sql
> parser belives that's an inexisting operator, they'll start
> cursing at it, just like i did.

Does oracle or mysql or whichever db you like allow the use of $ in user
defined operators?  If so, how do they know the difference?
For what it's worth, some policy should be enforced, because it shouldn't
> matter how many spaces you put between the operator
> and the operand, as writing SELECT * is the same as SELECT
> *.
> I rest my case.

Thats an invalid comparison.  The problem is not that foo >         $1
doesn't work, as your example put forth. The problem is that foo>$1
doesn't work, which by comparison would be SELECT* which would also not
work.

Robert Treat

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: dev@archonet.com
Сообщение: Re: insert rule doesn't see id field
От: Ron Peterson
Сообщение: Re: insert rule doesn't see id field