Re: What goes into the security doc?

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: What goes into the security doc?
Дата
Re: What goes into the security doc?  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I'm not sure how adequately these topics are covered elsewhere, but you
should probably provide at least a pointer if not improved information:

* Should have a mention of the pgcrypto code in contrib.

* Brain hiccup, but isn't there some type of "password" datatype

* Explanation of problems/solutions of using md5 passwords inside
postgresql. this has tripped up a lot of people upgrading to 7.3

* possibly go into server resource issues and the pitfalls in giving
free form sql access to just anyone. (Think unconstrained join on all
tables in a database)

hth,

Robert Treat

От: "Dave Page"
Сообщение: Re: Foreign key wierdness
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Win32 port patches submitted