Re: POSIX regex performance bug in 7.3 Vs. 7.2

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: POSIX regex performance bug in 7.3 Vs. 7.2
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane kirjutas K, 05.02.2003 kell 08:12:
> Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee> writes:
> > Another idea is to make special regex type and store the regexes
> > pre-parsed (i.e. in some fast-load form) ?
>
> Seems unlikely that going out to disk could beat just recompiling the
> regexp.

We have to get _something_ from disk anyway. Currently we fetch regex
source code, but if there were some format that is faster to load then
that could be an option.

--
Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee>

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL v7.3.2 Released -- Permission denied from pretty much
От: Byron Servies
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL, NetBSD and NFS