Re: replication requires redundant rule in pga_hba?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: replication requires redundant rule in pga_hba?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Wells Oliver <wellsoliver@gmail.com> writes:
> It seems like the following is redundant:
> host          all         all              0.0.0.0/0    md5
> hostnossl     replication replicationuser  0.0.0.0/0    md5

> The first one allows either SSL or non SSL to all users for all DBs from
> any address via MD5. Good for everything, no? Yet if I remove the second
> line, I see a bunch of:

> FATAL:  no pg_hba.conf entry for replication connection from host 10....,
> user "replicationuser", SSL off

> Why is this? What am I missing?

I believe replication intentionally requires a special entry, ie is
deliberately not included in "all".  The theory is that such a
connection gives access to absolutely everything in the database
cluster, which is more access than any regular connection has, so we
don't want to let one be made unintentionally.

От: Wells Oliver
Сообщение: replication requires redundant rule in pga_hba?
От: Mike Christensen
Сообщение: Re: Where do I get pgAdmin 1.16 for openSuSE?