Re: Factoring where clauses through unions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Factoring where clauses through unions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Ed L." <pgsql@bluepolka.net> writes:
> On Friday April 4 2003 1:42, Jonathan Bartlett wrote:
>> I have a view that is based on several UNION clauses.  I'm wondering, if
>> I select data from there, will it UNION first, and then apply my where
>> clauses, or can it factor my where clauses through the UNION?  If it
>> doesn't do it automatically, is there any way to automate it?

> For cases like this, you can usually construct a very simple test to get the
> answer.

A test case would tell him what the version he tests does.  It would not
likely inform him that 7.3 will push down such conditions but prior
versions don't ...

От: "Ed L."
Сообщение: Re: Factoring where clauses through unions
От: "Ed L."
Сообщение: Re: Factoring where clauses through unions