Re: Removing unneeded self joins

От Alexander Lakhin
Тема Re: Removing unneeded self joins
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Alexander,

23.10.2023 12:47, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
> I think this patch makes substantial improvement to query planning.
> It has received plenty of reviews.  The code is currently in quite
> good shape.  I didn't manage to find the cases when this optimization
> causes significant overhead to planning time.  Even if such cases will
> be spotted there is a GUC option to disable this feature.  So, I'll
> push this if there are no objections.

On a quick glance, I've noticed following typos/inconsistencies in the
patch, which maybe worth fixing:
s/cadidates/candidates/
s/uniquiness/uniqueness/
s/selfjoin/self-join/
s/seperate/separate/

Also, shouldn't the reference "see generate_implied_equalities" be
"see generate_implied_equalities_for_column"?

Best regards,
Alexander

От: Pavel Luzanov
Сообщение: Re: WIP: new system catalog pg_wait_event
От: Alexander Korotkov
Сообщение: Re: Removing unneeded self joins