Re: Function to kill backend

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Function to kill backend
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net> writes:
>>> In this case, SIGINT (query cancel) will not help, because
>>> all locks held by the transaction will still be held.
>>
>> Wrong.

> Really?

[ experiments... ]  My apologies --- you are correct about the present
behavior.  If a SIGINT arrives while waiting for client input, it's just
dropped on the floor.  The locks *will* be dropped if the SIGINT arrives
during actual query processing.

It strikes me that this is incorrect behavior, at least for the case
where the client has a transaction block open.  It'd be better to define
the interrupt as "transaction cancel".

От: "Andrew Dunstan"
Сообщение: Re: Solaris initdb fails: shmmax tweak alternative?
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Evening in NYC