Re: Postgres idea list

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgres idea list
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg@turnstep.com> writes:
> Since you asked, here are some ideas and thoughts I've been batting
> around:

Some of these strike me as good ideas, some not, but for the moment I
don't want to get dragged into debating them individually.  The thought
that kept coming to me as I read your list is: who exactly is going to
*do* all this stuff?  I sure don't want to.  Reflecting on it leads me
to realize that our existing project leadership (core committee and
other key people) is mostly technically-focused people.  We have been
doing a good job of providing technical leadership, and a pretty
good job of providing project infrastructure, but anything to do with
marketing, promotion, or advocacy has been given the cold shoulder,
I think.

We need a few volunteers with the time and inclination to do that kind
of work.

It also occurs to me that discussing this on -hackers, which is a
technically focused list, is itself somewhat wrongheaded.  The best
list we have for it at the moment is -general, but I wonder whether we
shouldn't create a list centered around project promotion and outreach
concerns.

От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: Postgres idea list
От: nconway@klamath.dyndns.org (Neil Conway)
Сообщение: Re: Democracy and organisation : let's make a