Re: WAL replay logic (was Re: [PERFORM] Mount options for Ext3?)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: WAL replay logic (was Re: [PERFORM] Mount options for Ext3?)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net> writes:
> On Sat, 25 Jan 2003, Tom Lane wrote:
>> We'd have to take it on faith that we should replay the visible files
>> in their name order.

> Couldn't you could just put timestamp information at the beginning if
> each file,

Good thought --- there's already an xlp_pageaddr field on every page
of WAL, and you could examine that to be sure it matches the file name.
If not, the file csn be ignored.

От: Kevin Brown
Сообщение: Re: WAL replay logic (was Re: [PERFORM] Mount options for Ext3?)
От: Dave Cramer
Сообщение: interactive docs error