Re: pg_stat_activity.client_addr sometimes null for host connections

От Rui DeSousa
Тема Re: pg_stat_activity.client_addr sometimes null for host connections
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

> On May 4, 2023, at 6:19 AM, Erik Wienhold <ewie@ewie.name> wrote:
>
> I have a process that regularly queries pg_stat_activity for user connections.
> Today I noticed an error because sometimes client_addr is null for some user
> connections.  pg_hba.conf only allows host connections.  So client_addr should
> not be null according to [0].  pg_stat_activity is queried as superuser who
> should see client_addr for all connections, not just his own.
>
> This is on v12.14 on Windows Server (regular EnterpriseDB install).  Is this a
> known issue or just an undocumented corner case?
>
> [0] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/monitoring-stats.html#PG-STAT-ACTIVITY-VIEW
>
> —
> Erik

Are those local connections, as those will not have a client_addr?  What does your pg_hba look like?

От: M Sarwar
Сообщение: Re: Just View create privilege to user user2
От: Rui DeSousa
Сообщение: Re: iso-8859-1 postgres ssl error "could not accept SSL connection: Success" and timeout