Re: PostGres Doubt

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PostGres Doubt
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Ford <david+cert@blue-labs.org> writes:
> So reentrancy in libpq basically is put on hold until 7.3.

Only if you insist on using "crypt", which is deprecated anyway.
md5 is the preferred encryption method.

My feeling about the proposed patch was that crypt is now a legacy auth
method, and it's not clear that we should create platform/library
dependencies just to support making multiple connections simultaneously
under crypt auth.  (Note that *using* connections concurrently is not
at issue, only whether you can execute the authentication phase of
startup concurrently.)

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] Bug #640: ECPG: inserting float numbers
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL and Novell Netware