Re: PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Release Candidate 4

От Chris Mair
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Release Candidate 4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 17:04, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> [...]
> A current list of *known* supported platforms can be found at:
>
>      http://developer.postgresql.org/supported-platforms.html
>
> We're always looking to improve that list, so we encourage anyone that is
> running a platform not listed to please report on any success or failures
> with Release Candidate 4.
> [...]

Hi,

I've tested RC4 on Linux on the PlayStation 2 again
(compare
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2004-08/msg01339.php).

With --disable-spinlocks everything but the two floating point tests
succeeds (regression output and diffs attached).

The Playstation 2 hardware manuals confirm that the FPU has
no support for NaN and +/-Inf. That explains the regression diffs.
(EE Core User's Manual Version 5, p. 153)

In summary one might conclude that PostgreSQL 8 works on Linux on the
Playstation 2 as far as the hardware supports it.

Kind regards,
Chris.

От: "Magnus Hagander"
Сообщение: Re: configuration problems of postgresql under windows xp
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Get execution plan of dynamic query