Recovering db from cracked server

От Don Doumakes
Тема Recovering db from cracked server
Дата
Re: Recovering db from cracked server  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
I own a server that was recently cracked by, I presume, an incompetent
script kiddie.  Minutes after he bravely tagged the web site, the
server went down hard and would not boot.  I've built a new system.

I need to recover a postgresql 7.2 database from the old hard drive,
which is still readable.  The postgresql data directory is intact.  The
latest version of postgresql is incompatible with 7.2.x, so I compiled
postgresql-7.2.7 and attempted to run

  postgres -D copy_of_old_data_dir

The error response (on stdout) is

DEBUG:  database system was shut down at 2005-02-20 21:54:33 CST
DEBUG:  checkpoint record is at 0/5CCA0AC
DEBUG:  redo record is at 0/5CCA0AC; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown
TRUE
DEBUG:  next transaction id: 73360; next oid: 59092
DEBUG:  database system is ready
FATAL 1:  Database "postgres" does not exist in the system catalog.
DEBUG:  shutting down
DEBUG:  database system is shut down

Am I close?  or is this approach doomed?  Suggestions gratefully
accepted.

Don Doumakes
Email: doumakes at loganet dot net
Do not reply to spamtrap@pinko.net

От: James Croft
Сообщение: tsearch2 problems / limitations
От: "Sim Zacks"
Сообщение: Re: FOR vs Cursors