Re: memory allocation ; postgresql-8.0

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: memory allocation ; postgresql-8.0
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 12:46, Kavan, Dan (IMS) wrote:
> Do psql calls/procedures access resources reserved from the
> kernel.shmmax?

Only in the sense that it can execute a query, which in the backend
could therefore use shared memory.  psql, itself, doesn't use shared
memory.

> How about the tar or copy sysadmin commands?  I would guess they don't
> use kernel.shmmax resources.

Correct.  Actually, very few types of programs use shared memory.

>   Finally, work memory alos does not access
> resources reserved from kernel.shmmax, correct?

Correct.  The only parts of postgresql.conf that affect shared memory
usage are max connections, shared buffers, and the fsm.

От: Prasanth
Сообщение: Re: Query Plan - Index Scan & Seq Scan
От: Postgres Admin
Сообщение: ACT! and PostgreSQL