Re: multiple action rules

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: multiple action rules
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 19:49, Tom Lane wrote:
> Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com> writes:
> >> So, what's the magic pixie dust I need to sprinkle on this to make it
> >> work?
>
> > Never mind, I finally figured it out...  About three minutes after
> > posting this.  sheesh.
>
> If you think the docs are insufficiently clear, feel free to send in a
> documentation patch.  Sometimes what seems obvious to the writer is less
> so to readers ...

Well, what really gets me is that basically, the syntax diagram in
the psql environment has a syntax diagram that makes sense to me.

So I guess if there was a "patch" it would basically reference the syntax
rules given by psql \h create rule in the documentation.

But that makes me think that the syntax diagrams should probably be
abstracted out of the pure sgml realm, and grabbed by both psql and the
docs during build time.

OK, took a break and looked through the developer docs, and, yet again,
someone has done the exact thing I would have done, they've put the same
basic syntax diagram as "\h create rule" in the docs...

So, thanks again...

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: multiple action rules
От: Julian Legeny
Сообщение: Re: PROBLEM: Function does not exist