Re: CREATE/DROP SCHEMA considered harmful

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: CREATE/DROP SCHEMA considered harmful
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> The message when running createdb is:
> psql: ConnectDBStart() -- connect() failed: Invalid argument
>     Is the postmaster running...
> Ah, a "make distclean" seems to have fixed it for me. Not sure why it
> would need to be that drastic; are we missing a dependency somewhere?

I bet what happened is that you pulled Peter's latest change
(introducing HAVE_UNIX_SOCKETS config symbol) and didn't rerun
configure, so you had config.h without HAVE_UNIX_SOCKETS defined,
and the unix-socket support got compiled out.  Two thoughts here:

1. There is no make dependency from config.h.in to config.h, and
probably can't be since make is not responsible for running configure
(and should not be, IMHO).  But perhaps we could have a script or
something that warns you that you probably need to rerun configure
if configure or any .in file is newer than the configure output files.

2. It sounds like libpq does not fail very gracefully if you try to
connect via unix-sockets when that code is ifdef'd out.  Someone needs
to look at that combination --- any volunteers?

От: "David Lloyd-Jones"
Сообщение: Re: VACUUM optimization ideas.
От: Thomas Lockhart
Сообщение: Re: mac.c