Re: strange behvaviour in join? BUG in 7.02?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: strange behvaviour in join? BUG in 7.02?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Oliver Elphick" <olly@lfix.co.uk> writes:
> You are actually doing a 3-way join, with linia included twice.
> It is implicitly included a second time when a column is referenced
> from it without the alias.

7.1 will provide a NOTICE that's intended to alert people that such
constructs probably don't do what they're expecting:

regression=# select f.f1, int4_tbl.f1 from int4_tbl f;
NOTICE:  Adding missing FROM-clause entry for table "int4_tbl"

although I wonder whether this will leave the query author any
less confused :-(.

От: Nelio Alves Pereira Filho
Сообщение: Union & Nested queries
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Sequencial scan over primary keys