Re: AutoVacuum on demand?

От Richard Broersma Jr
Тема Re: AutoVacuum on demand?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Richard Broersma Jr wrote:
> >> Cron yes, vacuumdb no.  I would like to AUTO vacuum periodically.
> > Just curious, what is auto_vacuum going to give that vacuumdb wont?
> Hmm, I thought this would be obvious.  Vacuumdb just issues "VACUUM"
> commands.
> I would like the get the functionality if autovacuum so that I don't
> waste cycles on tables that don't really need vacuuming.  However, we've
> had bad luck letting autovacuum run on its own terms, so we've reverted
> to the old nightly vacuums.
> Since our nightly window of relative inactivity continues to shrink, I'd
> like to vacuum/analyze only the tables that autovacuum thinks need it,
> all at once, and only when I tell it to (via cron).
> Make more sense?

Yes that make sense.  I don't know if this helps, but I remember reading a thread on one of the
lists that discussed adding functionality to auto_vacuum to allow it to ignore specified tables.
I can't remember if this is a newly added feature or if it is slated for 8.2.

Regards,

Richard Broersma Jr.

От: Cornelia Boenigk
Сообщение: Re: zero values in statistic views
От: "Dawid Kuroczko"
Сообщение: Re: Remote tables infrastructure.