Re: logical column ordering

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: logical column ordering
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> However, there's a difference between making a query silently given
> different results, and breaking it completely forcing the user to
> re-study how to write it.  I think the latter is better.  In that light
> we should just drop attnum as a column name, and use something else:
> maybe (attidnum, attlognum, attphysnum).  So all queries in the wild
> would be forced to be updated, but we would not silently change
> semantics instead.

Hm.  I'm on board with renaming like that inside the backend, but
I'm very much less excited about forcibly breaking client queries.
I think there is little if any client-side code that will care about
either attidnum or attphysnum, so forcing people to think about it
will just create make-work.

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump: CREATE TABLE + CREATE RULE vs. relreplident
От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Parallel Seq Scan