Re: simple join problem

Тема Re: simple join problem
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Good to see that you got the answer to ur problem.

But i have a question to u.

Why at all are you keeping 4 tables and joining them too.
why not have a single table with all the merged columns?

In my place i too have a database stuructue similar to you but lately
i realized the other option would have been better. becoz for every
datamining query i am having to join multiple table which is not very favourable
to performance.

i know it may not be the proper forum to discuss this.

regds
mallah.

>> > Here's my view definition:
>> > SELECT
>> >     users.uid, users.loginid, users."password", users.title,
>> >     users.firstname, users.middlename, users.lastname, users.suffix, users.organization,
>> >     users.job_title, users_address.address1,
>> >     users_address.address2, users_address.address3, users_address.city,
>> >      users_address.state, users_address.zip, users_address.country,
>> >     users_email.email, users_phone.phone
>> > FROM (((users
>> >     LEFT JOIN users_address ON ((users.uid = users_address.uid AND
>> users_address.primary = TRUE)))
>> >     LEFT JOIN users_email ON ((users.uid = users_email.uid and
>> users_email.primary = TRUE)))
>> >     LEFT JOIN users_phone ON ((users.uid = users_phone.uid and
>> users_phone.primary = TRUE))) ;
>>
>> It's a neat trick that join conditions can be *any* expression that evaluates
>> to a boolean value.
>
> That is a neat trick.  Thanks for the info everyone.  I feel better knowing that even though it
> was a simple problem it's not quite as obvious as I thought.
>
> --
> Matthew Nuzum
> www.bearfruit.org
> cobalt@bearfruit.org

> the postmaster

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Michael Nachbaur
Сообщение: Date-range LEFT OUTER JOIN not using an index
От: "Matthew Nuzum"
Сообщение: Re: simple join problem