Re: PGSQL encryption functions

От Mario Splivalo
Тема Re: PGSQL encryption functions
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> "Mark R. Dingee" <mark.dingee@cox.net> writes:
> > md5 works, but I've been able to
> > brute-force crack it very quickly,
>
> Really?  Where's your publication of this remarkable breakthrough?

I'd say you can't bruteforce md5, unless you're extremley lucky.
However, md5 is easily broken, you just need to know how to construct
the hashes.

One could switch to SHA for 'increaased' security.

Although I don't think he'd be having problems using MD5 as he described
it. I'd also lilke to see he's example of brute-force 'cracking' the MD5
digest.
Mike
--
Mario Splivalo
Mob-Art

"I can do it quick, I can do it cheap, I can do it well. Pick any two."

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "Lane Van Ingen"
Сообщение: Re: Can't Get SETOF Function to Work
От: "Mark R. Dingee"
Сообщение: Re: PGSQL encryption functions