Re: Running PostGre on DVD

От Rod Taylor
Тема Re: Running PostGre on DVD
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Well, a bigger issue is that windows makes things a lot more difficult
> to do if you don't have admin on your account. Yes, there is runas, but
> windows doesn't exactly foster people working from the command line. And
> IIRC runas isn't nearly as nice to use as sudo.

Couldn't the installer create a handy dandy icon on the desktop with the
correct runas command to start/stop it for a given user or even have a
graphical pg_ctl type interface with Start, Stop and Restart buttons
that does the right thing behind the scenes?

On unix I get a startup script that hides the su and other logic and
safeties behind the scenes.

От: "Jim C. Nasby"
Сообщение: Re: functions marked STABLE not allowed to do INSERT
От: Robert Treat
Сообщение: Re: functions marked STABLE not allowed to do INSERT