Re: proposal: use errcontext for custom exception too

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: proposal: use errcontext for custom exception too
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 12:30 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
>> There are small issue in PL/pgSQL and custom exceptions. Custom
>> exception doesn't set a CONTEXT field. I propose change this behave
>> for WARNING or EXCEPTION level. The goal is same behave for custom
>> exception and builtin exception and it can help to identify a RAISE
>> statement that is responsible to exception.

> That seems completely arbitrary.  I think we discussed before
> providing an option to allow the user to control this, which seems
> better than implementing some hardcoded rule that may or may not be
> what a given user wants.

Note also that the current behavior *is* what people want; at least,
we have seen no field complaints about the lack of first-level CONTEXT
for RAISE notices, and plenty of complaints from people who think
there's still too much cruft automatically attached to RAISE output.
If anything, what's been requested is a way to suppress even more
context, not a policy decision to force more of it.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: proposal : backend startup hook / after logon trigger
От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: proposal: use errcontext for custom exception too