Re: autovacuum and orphaned large objects

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: autovacuum and orphaned large objects
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler@timbira.com> writes:
> The main point of autovacuum is maintenance tasks. Currently, it executes
> VACUUM and ANALYZE commands. I want to propose that we incorporate vacuumlo
> functionality into it.

I'm not terribly thrilled with that because (a) large objects seem like
mostly a legacy feature from here, and (b) it's hard to see how to
implement it without imposing overhead on everybody, whether they use
LOs or not.  This is especially problematic if you're proposing that
cleanup triggers not be required.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [9.1] unusable for large views
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: termination of backend waiting for sync rep generates a junk log message