Re: Programmatically changing passwords

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Programmatically changing passwords
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
David Leangen <postgres@leangen.net> writes:
> Yes, that is my point. After having installed the standard postgresql
> package, I would then install my custom-postgres-config package. In
> this package, I tinker with the default configuration so I can put
> postgres into a known state programmatically, without any user
> interaction.

> The problem is that createuser doesn't allow for this: it prompts the
> user for a password, which does not work in this situation, as you
> pointed out.

I rather doubt that: the default RPM installation uses ident
authentication.  Which has got plenty of downsides, but unexpected
password prompts is not one of them.  Perhaps you are making your
configuration changes in a bad order?

От: David Leangen
Сообщение: Re: Programmatically changing passwords
От: Thomas Pundt
Сообщение: Re: Programmatically changing passwords