Re: error-free disabling of individual child partition

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: error-free disabling of individual child partition
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2006-05-24 at 11:17 +0300, Hannu Krosing wrote:
> Ühel kenal päeval, T, 2006-05-23 kell 18:48, kirjutas Simon Riggs:
>

> > 2. attislocal is always set False when an appropriate ADD INHERITS is
> > actioned. Not ever set back again.
>
> Why "never set back again" ? I'd guess that it should be set back to
> true when it is not an inherited column anymore, that is when its
> attinhcount reaches zero.

Because you have no record of whether it was created locally or
inherited when originally created. And: do you care? Why?

--  Simon Riggs              EnterpriseDB   http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: max.poletto@gmail.com
Сообщение: Re: problem with PQsendQuery/PQgetResult and COPY FROM statement
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: error-free disabling of individual child partition