Re: XLogArchivingActive

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: XLogArchivingActive
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 12:38 +0200, Andreas Pflug wrote:

> Editing postgresql.conf for this is ugly.

That seems to be the real issue here, not archiving. All you need to do
is to set and unset a parameter, that's all.

We're agreed that your end goal is worthwhile, but not on the mechanism
for achieving that. I don't think we should introduce complexity in one
part of the code just to get around a general issue.

--  Simon Riggs              EnterpriseDB   http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Andreas Pflug
Сообщение: Re: XLogArchivingActive
От: Martijn van Oosterhout
Сообщение: Re: v814 + OSX10.4.6 builds OK, but fails launch ...