Re: a row disapearing

От Rafal Pietrak
Тема Re: a row disapearing
Дата
Re: a row disapearing  (Nis Jorgensen <nis@superlativ.dk>)
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 2006-05-27 at 14:06 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Is this a feature, or a bug? And in fact, is there a construct to get
> > both the count() and its selectors *in*case*, when the count is ZERO?
> >
> > All the above in postgres 8.1.
>
> It is supposed to work that way.  In the first query, we have to return
> a row to show you the count, while in the second query, there is no 'id'
> value to show you, so we return nothing (nothing to GROUP BY).

But is there a way to achieve one row output with both the count() and
its selector, when the ocunt is ZERO?

I'm digging this, because it looke like I need a VIEW, that returns such
count() no matter what. And in fact the selector (which is coming from
subquery) is more important for me in that case, than the count() itself
(well, I need to distinquish zero from something, but nothing more).

Is there a way to see it?

--
-R

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: a row disapearing
От: Eric Montague
Сообщение: psql: krb5_sendauth: Bad application version was sent (via sendauth) - Windows 2000, MIT Kerberos, PG v 8.1.1