Re: UTF-8 context of BYTEA datatype??

От Rafal Pietrak
Тема Re: UTF-8 context of BYTEA datatype??
Дата
Re: UTF-8 context of BYTEA datatype??  ("Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg@turnstep.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2006-05-30 at 20:12 +0200, Daniel Verite wrote:
>     Rafal Pietrak wrote:
> > Hmmm, despite initial euphoria, this doesn't actually work.
>
> Just an idea: make sure DBD::Pg::PG_BYTEA is defined.
> If not, you're just lacking a "use DBD::Pg;" and the result

:) This time it's a hit. Thenx!

Now, this is probably not exactly the furum to discuss that, but:
1. I did quite a few scripts with DBI, not only for  Postgesql in fact -
scripts worked flowlessly between Oracle/Sybase and the old DBASE files,
too. And I have never fell into a problem of missing the an include for
a particular driver - simple "use DBI;" did all the magic.
2. I admitt, that I should have spotted myself, that the
DBD::Pg::PG_BYTEA might not have been recognized without the use
clausure, but the driver itself understands prity much of the
underlaying datatypes - I fon't need to bind explicitly for SQL_DATE or
SQL_INTEGER. Why should I care more for binary objects?

So may be the pgtype_bytea should also be recognised? May be current
driver behavior should be regarded as a BUG?

Does anyone know if this behavior is in the driver for a reason?

--
-R

От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: DB structure for logically similar objects in different
От: "Berislav Lopac"
Сообщение: Restoring databases from a different installment on Windows