Re: Password for postgresql superuser?

От Rafal Pietrak
Тема Re: Password for postgresql superuser?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 09:08 -0600, jqpx37 wrote:
> Sorry; I meant a password at the operating system level, not at the postgresql level.
>
> On my Linux system, without an OS level password, the only way to log in (in Linux) to the postgres account is by
su'ingfrom root, which seems more secure than having a password for the postgres account.

Have you tried sudo ("sudo" command)?

It asks for a personal password, and grants whatever priviledge is
configured for that person, even root priviledge.

-R

theaccount was set up with no password.

>  I could of course create a password, but it's not clear to me that's a good thing from a security standpoint.
>  TIP 3: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?
>
>                 http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq

-R

От: "jqpx37"
Сообщение: Re: Password for postgresql superuser?
От: "Jim C. Nasby"
Сообщение: Re: Trigger function to audit any kind of table