Re: New pg_lsn type doesn't have hash/btree opclasses

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: New pg_lsn type doesn't have hash/btree opclasses
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Fabrízio de Royes Mello <fabriziomello@gmail.com> writes:
> On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 8:42 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I think it's really too late for this for 9.4.  At this point it's
>> less than 48 hours until beta1 wraps, and we do not have the bandwidth
>> to do anything but worry about stabilizing the features we've already
>> got.

> But it's a very small change with many benefits, and Michael acted very
> proactive to make this happens.

[ shrug... ]  "proactive" would have been doing this a month ago.
If we're going to ship a release, we have to stop taking new features
at some point, and we are really past that point for 9.4.

And, to be blunt, this is not important enough to hold up the release
for, nor to take any stability risks for.  It should go into the next
commitfest cycle where it can get a non-rushed review.

От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: Sending out a request for more buildfarm animals?
От: Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Сообщение: Re: New pg_lsn type doesn't have hash/btree opclasses