Re: location of the configuration files

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: location of the configuration files
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I have a new idea.  You know how we have search_path where you can
> specify multiple schema names.  What if we allow the config_dirs/-C to
> specify multiple directories to search for config files.  That way, we
> can use only one variable, and we can allow people to place different
> config files in different directories.

Hm, a search path for config files?  I could support that if it
satisfies the folks who object to specifying config directories
rather than file names.

One thing that would have to be thought about is whether to re-search
the path on each config file reload --- if you first find pg_hba.conf
in, say, the third directory on the path, should you pay attention if
one materializes in the second directory later?  Or do you keep going
back to the same well?  I can see arguments either way.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: psql and readline
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: request for sql3 compliance for the update command