pgadmin3 1.6 handling of tables with bytea's

От Keith C. Perry
Тема pgadmin3 1.6 handling of tables with bytea's
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
I meant to ask this question weeks ago but is v1.6's handling of byteas the same
as v1.4.3's?  With v1.4.3. I noticed that when I open tables with byteas, it
either takes a "very long time " or the client hangs.  I think I asked this
before but isn't there a way to "handle" (i.e. ignore?) bytea data when editing
tables since as a far as I can think, such a data type would not be entered
manually anyway?

To work on my tables with this type, I've been using a view of that type with
everything except the bytea field so I can at least see the data but updating is
a pain because I have use the SQL dialog and do things manually.  I'm a little
out of touch with what PG supports at this point but are updatable views an
option?  If so does 1.6 support it?

I'll leave it to you good people to tell me what is the best way to proceed  :)

BTW, this particular cluster is running PG v8.0.3 and I probably will be going
to v8.1.5 once I get some of this data entry done.

Thanks in advance.

--
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Director of Networks & Applications