Re: PostgreSQL equivalent of the Oracale 'unique'

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: PostgreSQL equivalent of the Oracale 'unique'
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2006-11-20 at 14:13, Wm.A.Stafford wrote:
> I hope the subject says it all.  I'm porting an Oracle-centric
> application to PostgreSQL and the Oracle sql is full of the 'unique'
> qualifier.  I'm assuming PostgreSQL does not support 'unique' since
> don't see a 'unique' anywhere in the PostgreSQL docs.  Is there a
> substitute or a technique to get the same result?

Context is king.

Do you mean:

create unique index abc on table xyz(field1);

???

OR some other usage of unique.  An example would really help us help
you.  otherwise we're all blind men describing an elephant (the
postgresql elephant at that!)

So, is it in an index, or somewhere else.  Cause in an index it's fine.
I've never used unique anywhere else in pgsql.

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: More on unique vs distinct
От: "Dann Corbit"
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL equivalent of the Oracale 'unique' qualifier