Re: Give more space on Home page for Upcoming Events

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Give more space on Home page for Upcoming Events
Список pgsql-www
On Mon, 2006-11-27 at 12:06 +0000, Simon Riggs wrote:
> There are currently 22 pending Events, of which 8 are between now and
> Christmas.
>
> Currently, the home page has space for 3 events. That clearly isn't
> enough to accommodate the increasing number of events that are being
> organised worldwide - especially around release time. I was going to
> arrange some 8.2 release talks in the UK, but it seems like nobody will
> ever see them until the day before they happen.

Well they can click on *more* but it actually would make more sense to
make the Upcoming Events graphic a link to the /about/eventarchive and
the same for news respectively.

> ISTM we should have space for 6-7 events at a time, plus a small
> indicator that shows how many events are not displayed (simply use some
> text to show how many others there are e.g. "37 more" rather than
> "more").

I don't really see that as useful. It would mean people have to scroll
and if they have to scroll, they are not going to see it anyway.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: "Simon Riggs"
Сообщение: Give more space on Home page for Upcoming Events
От: "Simon Riggs"
Сообщение: Re: Give more space on Home page for Upcoming Events