Re: BUG #16827: macOS interrupted syscall leads to a crash

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #16827: macOS interrupted syscall leads to a crash
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> Tom, all, this seems like a serious problem likely to become more
> widespread. I don't really know how we can reasonably address this
> short-term, adding EINTR handling to all the places that don't yet have
> it (and ensuring that it stays that way) seems like it's a lot to backport.

The only idea that comes to mind is to invent a wrapper for open
(and other affected syscalls) that adds a loop-on-EINTR.  Ugly,
and it would not fix third-party extensions until they're recompiled.

My inclination is to regard this as something that's Apple's problem,
at least for now.  Perhaps they'll realize what a disaster it is.
(OTOH, they've proven pretty mulish on making SIP usable...)

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: BUG #16827: macOS interrupted syscall leads to a crash
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: BUG #16833: postgresql 13.1 process crash every hour