Yet another PostgreSQL C++ binding

От Phil Endecott
Тема Yet another PostgreSQL C++ binding
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dear All,

I've written a C++ PostgreSQL interface library which I use in a couple
of open-source applications, and I thought that I would mention it here
in case it could be of use to anyone.  Yes, I know there are already
several such libraries, but I believe mine has a unique feature:
queries are functors that use prepared statements.  Here's an example:

   Database db("dbname=foo, username=blah");
   Query<string,int> insert_thing(db,"insert into things(name,num)
values ($1,$2)");
   SingletonQuery<int, string> count_things(db,"select sum(num) from
things where name=$1");

   Transaction t(db);
   insert_thing("table",1);
   insert_thing("chair",4);
   int n = count_things("bed");
   t.commit();

Note how the queries are declared using the $n placeholder syntax for
parameters.  Once the queries are declared the fact that they are
queries can be almost forgotten - they can be used as functions.

I have written up some basic documentation here:

     http://svn.chezphil.org/libpbe/trunk/doc/Database

Do let me know if you find this useful.

Regards,

Phil.

(I encourage you to Cc: me in any replies.)

От: Charlie Clark
Сообщение: Re: Weird behaviour on a join with multiple keys
От: Don Lavelle
Сообщение: Re: Beginner's Questions