Re: Let's Do the CoC Right

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: Let's Do the CoC Right
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jan 23, 2016, at 3:43 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> I have been accused of being a fat hater. My crime? I suggested that generally speaking, obesity is a matter of diet
andexercise. Worse? The individual started the conversation and I am also classified as obese (barely, I won't be in a
month).

> I have been accused of being sexist because I asked if there was chalk (for bouldering) that was better for women
becausetheir skin is generally softer and the chalk wasn't staying on the respective persons hand. A scientific sexist
fact.

> I have been accused of being sexist because I said it wasn't sexist that Samsung doesn't make full
feature/performancephones that are smaller for a woman's hands.

So are you able to recognize the ways in which those statements can come across as prejudiced? We *all* make mistakes.
Ideallywhat one does is to try to recognize them and take responsibility for them. An *abuser* will do neither.

Best,

David