Long data and SQLPutData ?

От lothar.behrens@lollisoft.de
Тема Long data and SQLPutData ?
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi,

I need some advice how to update a BLOB column. Reading it with
SQLGetData seems to be easier :-)

Do I need the commented code to 'shift' the bigger memory block into
the bound buffer while calling
SQLParamData and SQLPutData ?

I do set multiple column data before I do a SQLSetPos. So I have bound
columns therefore.
Do I get trouble, when I update some BLOB columns in between ?

Are there other issues with that code ?

Thanks, Lothar

Here I have code developed yet:

lbErrCodes LB_STDCALL lbQuery::setBinaryData(int column,
lb_I_BinaryData* value) {
    // Declare a binary buffer to send 5000 bytes of data at a time.
    SQLCHAR       BinaryPtr[5000];
    SQLINTEGER      longDataLen;
    SQLRETURN     rc, retcode;

       // The size may be more than 5000
    longDataLen = SQL_LEN_DATA_AT_EXEC(value->getSize());

    rc = SQLBindCol(hstmt, column, SQL_C_BINARY, (void *)BinaryPtr, 0,
&longDataLen);

    retcode = SQLSetPos(hstmt, 1, SQL_UPDATE, SQL_LOCK_NO_CHANGE);

    if (retcode == SQL_NEED_DATA)
    {
        retcode = SQLParamData(hstmt, (void **)  &BinaryPtr);
        while(retcode == SQL_NEED_DATA)
        {

/*
                    //This code should be here to 'shift' the
datapieces.

                     void* peace = value->getNextDataPiece(5000);
                     long len = value->getCurrentPieceSize();
                     memcpy(BinaryPtr, piece, len);

*/

            retcode = SQLPutData(hstmt, BinaryPtr, SQL_NTS);
            /* check for error here */
            retcode = SQLParamData(hstmt, (void **)  &BinaryPtr);
        }

    }

    return ERR_NONE;
}

От: Paul Lambert
Сообщение: Re: Strange ODBC behavior.
От: "lothar.behrens@lollisoft.de"
Сообщение: SetPos with data_at_exec not yet supported ?