Re: [Slony1-general] Any big slony and WAL shipping users?

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: [Slony1-general] Any big slony and WAL shipping users?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2007-12-27 at 12:49 -0500, Josh Harrison wrote:

> On Dec 27, 2007 12:37 PM, Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca> wrote:
>         On Thu, Dec 27, 2007 at 10:49:10AM -0500, Josh Harrison wrote:
>         > Hi,
>         > We are trying to use slony and WAL shipping for warm standby
>         for replication
>

>         It's unusual to use both.  Any reason you want to?
>
> We wanted to have 1 master and 1 slave that can be queried and 1 warm
> standby server that can be brought up in case of crash.  So I thought
> it might be better to have WAL shipping for warm standby since thats
> working pretty good and Slony for master-slave replication.
> Let me know your comments on this setup? What is better for this
> setup?

That's a setup I've recommended in the past.

It's like using RAC and Data Guard together, which is also common.

--
  Simon Riggs
  2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com

От: Andrew Sullivan
Сообщение: Re: [Slony1-general] Any big slony and WAL shipping users?
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: weird date/times in mailing list