AW: FW: oracle ate

От Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Тема AW: FW: oracle ate
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I am a long time ordbms proponent (illustra, informix and
> now postgresql).  And I have heard mixed information
> regarding Oracle's extensibility. Do they use a unified
> type system?   Are cartriges separate processes? Do the
> separate processes (if they are) share memory with the
> server process or is all the communication through pipish
> things. If I don't use their standard cartridges (image,
> text, video) how easy is it to write my own.  Any GIS
> specific pro or con info w/Oracle?  Am I asking the right
> questions?

I think you need to be an Oracle partner to write
your own cartridge. Then you can buy the needed stuff to write
your own. But cartridge development is iirc disclosed from public
and only available to a selected group of partners.

By the way, they are now all called Options, and thus I doubt that there
are any previously called "cartriges" that are not directly from Oracle.

Andreas

От: Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Сообщение: AW: backup and restore
От: Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Сообщение: AW: Proposal: TRUNCATE TABLE table RESTRICT