Fundamental change of locking behavior in 7.1

От Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Тема Fundamental change of locking behavior in 7.1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Since I see, that Tom has implemented the "keep a AccessShareLock lock until
transaction end" philisophy I would like to state a protest.

This is a fundamental change in behavior and I would like to see
a vote on this.

The one example we already know is:

session1                session2
begin work;                begin work;
select * from tenk1 limit 1;                select * from tenk1 limit 1;
lock table tenk1; --now waits (why should it ?)                lock table tenk1; -- NOTICE:  Deadlock detected -->
ABORT

I think this is not acceptable in committed read isolation. The AccessShareLock
needs to be released after each statement finishes.

Thank you
Andreas

От: Philip Warner
Сообщение: Re: AW: Coping with 'C' vs 'newC' function language namesh
От: Thomas Lockhart
Сообщение: Re: Failure to recognise new database