AW: AW: AW: AW: Re: tinterval - operator problems on AI X

От Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Тема AW: AW: AW: AW: Re: tinterval - operator problems on AI X
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > As I see it, the Linux results are also not 100 % correct
> in respect to dates
> > before 1970. (based on assumption that Solaris is correct)
> > <        | Sat May 10 23:59:12 1947 PST
> > >        | Sat May 10 23:59:12 1947 PDT
> > Was 1947 PDT or PST ? In eighter case one result is one hour off, Solaris or Linux.
>
> Yes, I've seen this before. As I mentioned, Solaris does a particularly
> good job of including the variations in DST definitions around WWII and
> earlier.

One of the two results is still off by one hour if the noted hour is 23 in both the
PDT and PST case. One issue is determining DST and the other is printing
the hour. For a given time in history the hour can't be the same if printed in
PDT or PST.

Andreas