Re: Advice request: Postgresql setup for flash memories.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Advice request: Postgresql setup for flash memories.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
=?iso-8859-1?q?Enrique=20Ariz=F3n?= <e_arizon_benito@yahoo.com> writes:
>  since flash memory hardware is dropping prices at
> high rate I was planning to test how Postgresql runs
> in such hardware.

This is probably a bad idea, unless the number-of-write-cycles
limitation of flash memory has gone away while I wasn't looking.
PG is pretty piggy as far as rewriting disk pages goes, especially
for the WAL files.

От: Enrique Arizón
Сообщение: Advice request: Postgresql setup for flash memories.
От: "Gera Mel Handumon"
Сообщение: duplicate records after restore